IMPORTANT ALERT – for Clients and Community Partners
RE: COVID-19 Business Continuity Planning
UPDATED: June 10th, 2020
As stated in the Thrive vision, “We believe thriving children create thriving communities”, so it goes without saying that community is at the heart of everything we do. This extends beyond our staff, and clients and Hamilton community, to include the entire global population. Our community will be forever changed as a result of the COVID-19 emergency and the impacts it has had on our families, our work, and our city. At Thrive, we have remained responsive and have taken steps at each interval to protect the health and safety of clients and staff. We closed our offices, but have found, and continue to find, new and innovative ways to deliver modified services that allow our operations to continue wherever possible. Trying times such as this also provide incredible opportunities for learning. Our next steps into this new future will be guided with new learnings and different ways of working to provide the best services and create a stronger Hamilton community that Thrives.
The COVID-19 pandemic is not over. This virus will continue in our community for many months to come. As we begin to look ahead, we are establishing our own plan, one aligned with our government and public health partners, that outlines our steps to ensure the safety of all, as we gradually restart in this new landscape. We are beginning to prepare our office space to be able to accept clients where virtual options are not available, that keep both staff and clients healthy and safe.
We will continue to update the Thrive website regularly with our plan, which will likely change as the COVID-19 emergency evolves. Our plan is based on what we currently know of the COVID-19 virus and its behaviour. Thus, our plan may change and evolve as more information becomes available. Staff are available and working from home, and can be reached by email should you require any support – contact information can be located on our webpage at www.thrivechildandyouth.ca/contact. Please be advised that all voicemails will be checked daily and responded to within 24 business hours.
In case of an emergency, or a serious concern regarding any child or youth, please contact any of the phone numbers listed below where you can reach someone who will assist you:
Some important telephone numbers you may require during this time:
- Crisis Outreach and Support Team (COAST): (905) 972-8338
- Children’s Aid Society of Hamilton (CAS): (905) 522-1121
- Catholic Children’s Aid Society (CCAS): (905) 525-2012
- CAS and CCAS emergency after hours’ line: (905) 5228053
- Kids Help Phone, a Canadian charitable organization that provides 24/7 free confidential professional online and telephone counselling and volunteer-led, text-based support in English and French to youth up to age 20 across Canada
- Call 1-800-668-6868 or text CONNECT to 686868
- Visit Ontario's website to learn more about how the province continues to protect Ontarians from COVID-19.
- Visit the City of Hamilton webpage for more information about Closures & Cancellations Due to COVID-19 - https://www.hamilton.ca/alert/98886
- For more information from Public Health Hamilton on the steps beign taken to protect the Health and safety of our community, please visit - https://www.hamilton.ca/node/95791
Stay safe and healthy.
Stephanie Taylor and the Board of Directors at Thrive